Steven C. Castle, MD Introduction Exercise and physical activity for older adults was an important theme discussed at the 2015 White House Conference on Aging. Specific initiatives discussed included the NIH Go4Life campaign and the YMCA initiative to provide intergenerational physical activity. The implementation of exercise and fall prevention programs on state and national levels…
Jennifer Voorlas, MSG, CMC Exercise and Dementia Foreword by Steven C. Castle, MD The White House Conference on Aging (WHCOA) not only addressed the importance of addressing Alzheimer’s and related dementias as a national priority, but also identified The National Institute of Health’s “stepped up effort” to find more effective ways to treat and prevent…
Summer 2019 Issue
- Aging Life Care Professionals Serving as a Client’s Decision Maker: The Pros, the Cons, and What to Consider
- Who Should Be Paying the Bills and Managing the Finances?
- Substitute Decision Making versus Supported Decision Making: What is the Difference?
- Supported Decision Making for Elders with Dementia: A Deep Dive
- The Care Committee™: A Planning Tool for Clients Without Families