Clifford Singer, MD ABSTRACT: Human beings are social animals and our biological, psychological, and social systems evolved to thrive in collaborative networks of people. In many societies, social networks are likely to thin as people age, leading in many cases to isolation and loneliness. In this article we review the evidence that social isolation affects…
Summer 2019 Issue
- Aging Life Care Professionals Serving as a Client’s Decision Maker: The Pros, the Cons, and What to Consider
- Who Should Be Paying the Bills and Managing the Finances?
- Substitute Decision Making versus Supported Decision Making: What is the Difference?
- Supported Decision Making for Elders with Dementia: A Deep Dive
- The Care Committee™: A Planning Tool for Clients Without Families