Pepper Schwartz, PhD and Nicholas Velotta, BA ABSTRACT: Studies regarding sexuality have generally overlooked the growing population of older adults over 50. In this article, we discuss and elaborate on what information we do have regarding intimacy and sexuality post-50 including sexual behaviors, sexual satisfaction ratings, and how the policies within long-term care facilities (LTC’s)…
Douglas C. Kimmel, PhD Overview The goal of this article is to provide some useful resources for understanding the special issues of aging lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) older adults, especially related to isolation. This article includes: 1) a summary of the support and advocacy issues from the National SAGE website; 2) focused discussion…
Summer 2019 Issue
- Aging Life Care Professionals Serving as a Client’s Decision Maker: The Pros, the Cons, and What to Consider
- Who Should Be Paying the Bills and Managing the Finances?
- Substitute Decision Making versus Supported Decision Making: What is the Difference?
- Supported Decision Making for Elders with Dementia: A Deep Dive
- The Care Committee™: A Planning Tool for Clients Without Families